Apartments-for-rent allows hosts to choose among three standardized cancellation policies (Flexible, Moderate, and Strict) that we will enforce to protect both guest and host alike. The Long Term cancellation policy applies to all reservations of 28 nights or more. Each listing and reservation on our site will clearly state the cancellation policy. Guests may cancel and review any penalties by viewing their travel plans and then clicking 'Cancel' on the appropriate reservation.
Moderate: Full refund 5 days prior to arrival, except fees
- For a full refund, cancellation must be made five full days prior to listing’s local check in time (or 15.00/3:00 PM if not specified) on the day of check in. For example, if check-in is on Friday, cancel by the previous Sunday before check in time.
- If the guest cancels less than 5 days in advance, the first night is non-refundable but the remaining nights will be 50% refunded.
- If the guest arrives and decides to leave early, the nights not spent 24 hours after the cancellation occurs are 50% refunded.
- Cleaning fees are always refunded if the guest did not check in.
- The Apartments-for-rent service fee is non-refundable.
- If there is a complaint from either party, notice must be given to Apartments-for-rent within 24 hours of check-in.
- Apartments-for-rent will mediate when necessary, and has the final say in all disputes.
- A reservation is officially canceled when the guest clicks the cancellation button on the cancellation confirmation page, which they can find in Dashboard > Your Trips > Change or Cancel.
- Cancellation policies may be superseded by the Guest Refund Policy, safety cancellations, or extenuating circumstances. Please review these exceptions.
- Applicable taxes will be retained and remitted.